1. Is the word trinity in the Bible?
2. Does the Bible say that there are three persons in the Godhead?
3. Does the Bible speak of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost?
4. Do these titles as used in Matthew 28:19 mean that there are three separate and distinct persons in the Godhead?
No, they refer to three offices, roles, or relationships to humanity.
5. Does the Bible use the word three in reference to God?
Only one verse in the entire Bible does so--1 John 5:7. It speaks of the father, the Word (instead of Son), and the Holy Ghost, and it concludes by saying, "These three are one."
6. Does the Bible use the word one in reference to God?
Yes, many times. For example, see Zechariah 14:9; Malachi 2:10; Matthew 23:9; Mark 12:29, 32; John 8:41; 10:30; Romans 3:30; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galations 3:20; 1 Timothy 2:5; James 2:19.
7. Can the mystery of the Godhead be understood?
Yes. Romans 1:20; Colossians 2:9; 1 Timothy 3:16.
8. Has the Christian only one Heavenly Father?
Yes. Matthew 23:9.
9. Then why did Jesus say to Philip, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9)?
Because Jesus is the express image of God's person. Hebrews 1:3. The Greek word for person in this verse literally means "substance."
10. Does the Bible say that there are two persons in the Godhead?
11. Does the Bible say that all the Godhead is revealed in one person?
Yes, in Jesus Christ. II Corinthians 4:4; Colossians 1:19; 2:9; Hebrews 1:3.
12. Is the mystery of the Deity hidden from some people?
Yes. Luke 10:21-22.
13. Who is the Father?
The Father is the one God, particularly as revealed in parental relationship to humanity. Deuteronomy 32:6; Malachi 2:10.
14. Where was God the Father while Jesus was on earth?
The Father was in Christ. John 14:10; II Corinthians 5:19. He was also in Heaven, for God is omnipresent.
15. Did the prophet Isaiah say that Jesus would be the Father?
Yes. Isaiah 9:6; 63:16.
16. When God said, "Let us make man in our image" (Genesis 1:26), was He speaking to another person in the Godhead?
No. Isaiah 44:24; Malachi 2:10.
17. How many of God's qualities were in Christ?
All. Colossians 2:9.
18. How may we see the God who sent Jesus into the world?
By seeing Jesus. John 12:44-45; 14:9.
19. Does the Bible say that Jesus is the Almighty?
Yes. Revelation 1:8.
20. Whom do some designate as the first person in the trinity?
God the Father.
21. Whom do some designate as the last person in the trinity?
The Holy Ghost. But Jesus said that He was the first and the last. Revelation 1:17-18.
22. How many persons did John see sitting on the throne in Heaven?
One. Revelation 4:2.
23. If Jesus is the first and the last, why did God say in Isaiah 44:6 that He was the first and the last?
Because Jesus is the God of the Old Testament incarnate.
24. Did Jesus tell Satan that God alone should be worshiped?
Yes. Matthew 4:10.
25. Does the devil believe in more than one God?
No. James 2:19.
26. Does the Bible say that God, who is the Word, was made flesh?
Yes. John 1:1, 14.
27. For what purpose was God manifested in the flesh?
To save sinners. Hebrews 2:9, 14.
28. Was Jesus God manifested in the flesh?
Yes. I Timothy 3:16.
29. Could Jesus have been on earth and in heaven at the same time?
Yes. John 3:13.
30. Does the Bible say that there is but one Lord?
Yes. Isaiah 45:18; Ephesians 4:5.
31. Does the Bible say that Christ is the Lord?
Yes. Luke 2:11.
32. Does the Bible say that the Lord is God?
Yes. 1 Kings 18:39; Zechariah 14:5; Acts 2:39; Revelation 19:1.
33. How could the church belong to Jesus (Matthew 16:18) and yet be the church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32)?
Because Jesus is God in the flesh.
34. Will God give His glory to another?
No. Isaiah 42:8.
35. Was there a God formed before Jehovah, or will there be one formed after?
No. Isaiah 43:10.
36. What is one thing that God does not know?
Another God. Isaiah 44:8
37. What is one thing that God cannot do?
Lie. Titus 1:2.
38. How many Gods should we know?
Only one. Hosea 13:4.
39. How many names has the Lord?
One. Zechariah 14:9.
40. Is it good to think upon the name of the Lord?
Yes. Malachi 3:16.
41. Does the Bible say that God alone treads upon the waves of the sea?
Yes. Job 9:8
42. Why, then, was Jesus able to walk upon the Sea of Galilee (Matthew 14:25)?
Because He is God the Creator. Colossians 1:16.
43. Is God the only one who can forgive sin?
Yes. Isaiah 43:25; Mark 2:7.
44. Why, then, could Jesus forgive sin in Mark 2:5-11?
Because He is God the Savior.
45. Is Jesus the true God?
Yes. 1 John 5:20.
46. If God and the Holy Ghost are two separate persons, which was the Father of Christ? Matthew 1:20 says that the Holy Ghost was the Father, while Romans 15:6, II Corinthians 11:31, and Ephesians 1:3 say that God was the Father.
There is no contradiction when we realize that God the Father and the Holy Ghost are one and the same Spirit. Matthew 10:20; Ephesians 4:4; 1 Corinthians 3:16.
47. When Paul asked the Lord who He was, what was the answer?
"I am Jesus." Acts 9:5
48. While Stephen was dying, did he call God Jesus?
Yes. Acts 7:59
49. Did Thomas ever call Jesus God?
Yes. John 20:28.
50. How could Jesus be the Savior, when God the Father said in Isaiah 43:11, "Beside me there is no saviour"?
Because "God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself." II Corinthians 5:19.
51. Does the Bible say that Jesus was God with us?
Yes. Matthew 1:23.
52. Did Jesus ever say, "I and my Father are one"?
Yes. John 10:30.
53. Can it be proved scripturally that Jesus and the Father are one in the same sense that husband and wife are one?
No. The Godhead was never compared to the relationship of a husband and wife. Jesus identified Himself with the Father in a way that husband and wife cannot be identified with each other. John 14:9-11.
54. Does the Bible say that there is only one wise God?
Yes. Jude 25.
55. Does the Bible call the Holy Ghost a second or third person in the Godhead?
No. The Holy Ghost is the one Spirit of God, the one God Himself at work in our lives. John 4:24; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 6:19; 12:13.
56. Can trinitarians show that three divine persons were present when Jesus was baptized by John?
Absolutely not. The one, omnipresent God used three simultaneous manifestations. Only one divine person was present--Jesus Christ the Lord.
57. Then what were the other two of whom trinitarians speak?
One was a voice from heaven; the other was the Spirit of God in the form of a dove. Matthew 3:16-17.
58. What did the voice say at Jesus' baptism?
"Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Mark 1:11. As the Son of God, Jesus was the one God incarnate.
59. Does the Bible say that God shed His blood and that God laid down His life for us?
Yes. Acts 20:28; I John 3:16. God was able to do this because He had taken upon Himself a human body.
60. The Bible says that God is coming back with all His saints (Zechariah 14:5) and also that Jesus is coming back with all His saints (1 Thessalonians 3:13). Are two coming back?
No. Only one is coming back--our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Titus 3:13